Medieval Critters

Hi there,

I was so excited when I saw the new Lawnscaping Challenge. They call for critters and I love the Lawn Fawn critters. But I wanted to challenge myself by doing a manly card, meaning that I had to use the cute stamps to create a not too cute card. But as those stamps are pretty versatile this should be doable.

The themes for my card were "Middle Ages" and "50th birthday". Therefore, I hand drew a escutcheon and divided it into four sections. I chose Lawn Fawns Critters Ever After stamps to fill in three of the four sections and drew a "50" and a sword in the fourth. I coloured everything in with alcohol based markers and cut the escutcheon out. 

I needed a German greeting (for "Happy Birthday"), so I used a stamp by Viva Decor and embossed it in silver on a red banner. For the background of my card I used a stamp called Distressed Brick by Impression Obsession, which I had to lend from a friend. So if Lawn Fawn will ever create a brick background stamp, I will be the first to buy it. ;) I stamped on a gray piece of cardstock with black ink and hung my escutcheon on that wall. I adhered the banner with foam adhesive and the whole panel to a black A5 card base (14.8 x 21 cm). 




For the inside of the card I used the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables to create e stitched edge for my white inside piece by partial die cutting. As it was plane and boring I stamped the castle to the lower right and coloured it in with soft coloures. And this finished my card. 


I hope you like my (almost) manly card which shows that you can use the critters in many different ways.



Die neue Lawnscaping Challenge ist einfach perfekt. Wer liebt nicht all die süßen Critter? Trotzdem wollte ich es mir nicht ganz so leicht machen und statt einer süßen Karte sollte es eine nicht ganz so süße männliche Karte werden... 

Die Themen meiner Karte habe ich auf "Mittelalter" und "50. Geburtstag" festgesetzt. Hierzu habe ich ein Wappen gezeichnet und dieses in vier Felder unterteilt. Diese habe ich zum Teil mit Stempeln des Lawn Fawn Sets Critters Ever After gefüllt. In das verbliebene Feld habe ich ein Schwert und eine "50" gezeichnet. Anschließend habe ich alles mit Alkoholmarkern koloriert und das Wappen ausgeschnitten.

Da ich einen deutschen Grußstempel nutzen wollte, habe ich zu einem Set von Viva Decor gegriffen und den Gruß silbern auf einem roten Banner embossed. Für den Hintergrund habe ich mir einen Stempel von meiner Freundin Katrin leihen müssen. Ich wollte nämlich mein Wappen an einer Wand aufhängen und brauchte daher ihren Distressed Brick Stempel von Impression Obsession. Sollte Lawn Fawn mal an einem neuen Hintergrundstempel überlegen, schlage ich eine Mauer vor. ;) Das Wappen wurde direkt auf dem Hintergrund befestigt und der Banner mit Abstandskleber. Das Ganze habe ich schließlich auf einer schwarzen A5-Kartenbasis befestigt.





Für das Innenleben der Karte habe ich mit den Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables ein Panel aus weißem Papier gefertigt und dieses in die Karte geklebt. Da das bei der riesigen Karte total langweilig aussah habe ich noch die Burg in die untere rechte Ecke gestempelt und mit hellen Farben ausgemalt. Viel Besser... Und damit ist meine Karte auch endlich fertig :)
Ich hoffe euch gefällt meine (fast) männliche Karte.

Challenges:
Lawnscaping Challenge No 107: Critters






Materialien:
Stempel: Critters Ever After (Lawn Fawn), Texte 1 (Viva Decor), Distressed Brick (Impression Obsession) 
Stanzen: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn), Basic Set Dies (Mama Elephant)
Stempelkissen: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black Licorice Hybrid Ink (MFT), Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany (Ranger Distress Ink), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Papier: Karteikarten (Exacompta), schwarzer Cardstock (Stempelmühle)
Coloration: Alkoholmarker (Spectrum Noir)  
Sonstiges: Embossingpulver Silber (Ranger), Fineliner (Stabilo)

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting

12 Kommentare:

  1. Such a cute masculine card, love it! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, was für eine tolle Karte!! Bin hin und weg! Cool, dass ich euch jetzt folgen kann! LG Biggi

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ja, hatten den Button wohl vergessen *hüstel* O:)
      Vielen Dank für das liebe Kommentar.
      Jennifer

      Löschen
  3. This card is freaking AWESOME! I absolutely love it. How clever and creative! You did an amazing job with your whole design. This may be the best masculine card I've ever seen. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. This is super cool and so clever! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge! Hugs, karin

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is awesome!!!! what an incredible card!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE that shield!!! it's flawless!! and the background - swoon!! it couldn't look more real!! wow! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wow what an amazing card! I really love everything about it! The detail is awesome! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    AntwortenLöschen